How to order |
Download Page |
Home Automation |
Sand Hill |
XTension for OS X
Version Release History
For XTension version history after 2005,
see this page.
For XTension Classic history,
see this page.
XTension 5.0 Released 2/15/2004
XTension 5.3 (build 454) Released 02/16/2005
This is a major release with many new features and fixes
- Seamless support for two native USB interfaces.
- The newest X10 Activehome PRO interface -- powerline and wireless in one unit !
- Supports the full X10 powerline command set.
- Integrated Wireless All-Housecode receiver !
- Also transceives wireless X10 security codes !
- The Smarthome PowerLinc USB
- Supports the full X10 powerline command set.
- A long-waited feature: Search/Replace in Scripts !
- Unit Properties can now be any AppleScript object type.
For those types that can be easily edited, there are nice editor windows :
- New edit script pop-down window for choosing :
Very handy when scripting !
- Unit names
- Global scripts
- Attachment script handlers
- Global variables
- Auto-backup database when switching to a new version
- New verb to allow archive of database to specific location.
- Added classic verbs :
- Create Group
- Delete Group
- Add unit to group
- Remove unit from group
- Startup Time
- Scripts now retain their context (property values) after re-compile.
- Pronoun (thisUnit) and (thisScript) now supported while testing in the editor window.
- Added the old Classic feature for handling the MP3 Remote type wireless commands.
- Internal script format changed to OSX preferred data fork format. Should be more compatible with external editors.
- Major internal changes in preparation for future features like multiple remote interfaces.
- Several bug fixes :
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed 'bad message' problem in Log.
- Fixed problem where 'with no script' would not defeat the 'onGroupMemberChanged' handler.
- Fixed problem where some script changes were lost when exiting from the edit script editor.
- Fixed bug that caused script changes to be overwritten after editing.
- Fixed bug : turn on a dimmable pseudo will now set it to 100 if it was zero. Else no change to the unit.
XTension 5.2.3 (build 426) Released 11/11/2004
New features, fixes, and re-thinking of the separate address space features.
- Near-automatic setup of security devices.
Put in the batteries, push the test button, create new 'security' unit, and XTension fills in the address.
- Pop out matrix shows addresses used and available, according to the address space of the unit.
- More intuitive re-work of the edit unit dialog.
- Added new scheduled event action : Say.
You can now create a new event to say a given string without creating a global script to do so.
As well as the option in the SAY verb to delay the phrase.
IE: say "The garage door is closed" in 10
- New "Group Member Changed" handler in the ON script of groups.
Any change to any member of a group can call back to the 'group'.
- Improved Edit Unit Properties window.
- Changed method of display and edit of unit description in edit unit dialog.
- Several bug fixes
- Bug in removing a unit from a list. Caused window update error.
- Bug where OFF script was always called for a received DIM, rather than only when future value would be zero.
- Icon display fixes in unit and group dialog
- Bug in drag and drop of multiple units into the group edit dialog.
- Bug - hiding an already hidden window caused an error.
XTension 5.2 (build 406) Released 10/5/2004
This is a major feature release.
- Now intrinsically supports X10 Security modules with the W800 RF receiver.
- Now supports separate address spaces for powerline, wireless and security devices.
Provides for 768 real devices.
- Ad hoc unit properties
Now every unit can have unique named properties that can be accessed by scripts.
- Wireless phantom suppression mode.
Adds more restrictions to incoming wireless messages, and thus reduces commands induced by electrical noise or from neighbor sources.
- Easy method for setting up security units
- Proper reporting of security 'battery check' events.
- Added "Debug mode" to X10 and wireless handlers.
- Improvements in watchdog timers for all interface handlers...
More responsive now to controller becoming inoperative.
- Improved handling of behavior whenever a flood of messages from an interface occurs.
- Protocol Break messages now suppressed for the W800, unless the Debug Mode is turned on.
- Added a new 'named script' (Init Interfaces) that is called whenever any of the peripheral interfaces are restarted.
- Fixed a bug where a new 'list' would not appear after creating it.
- Corrected DIM/BRI for groups.
- Corrected DIM/BRI "In x FOR y" behavior.
- Corrected problem with the "no Transmit" option in scheduled events.
- Fixed bug in W800 handler for DM10 motion sensors.
- Improved W800 multiple repeat suppression.
- Fixed bug that might transmit a command in response to a manual on/off to a 'security unit'.
- Fixed bug in the edit event procedure that affected times between 12AM and 1AM, as well as allowing different preferences for time/date displays.
- Fixed bug in Calendar display for users with Jaguar.
- Added window coordinates to View window as aid to window scripting. Must hold down CMD key and choose Windows menu.
- Fixed Copy/Paste bug in Edit Script windows.
- Corrected a bug which could result in the CM11 appearing to 'go deaf'.
- Corrected problem with too many decimal places in extended code values.
- Modest speed improvements in list windows.
- Fix problem where the NoScript and NoTransmit options were not preserved across multiple unit actions.
- Fix problem that prevented editing of multiple scripts concurrently. Copy/Paste between script sheets should now work properly.
- Implemented the 'block/unblock' action in the create event verb.
XTension 5.1.2 (build 377) Released 6/1/2004
This is another maintenance release.
- This is specially for users of the W800 RF receiver.
Various timing problems caused inconsistent behavior
on different Mac platforms.
This version appears to fix all the exceptional cases.
- There are a couple of new verbs in this version:
- The value of 'psuedo' units is now held in a 'double word' and thus you can now specify a 'decimal' value for a pseudo unit.
ie: set the value of "Temperature" to 76.90" etc.
- The 'all of class' verb now has an option to return a list of all 'simulated preset dim' type units.
ie: write log "Here are all simulated preset dim units : " & all of class "simulated"
XTension 5.1.1 (build 368) Released 5/14/2004
This is just a small maintenance release.
- Fixed a small problem with dimming a 'pseudo' unit. Specifically when doing a 'dim 'unit' to x IN seconds.
- Fixed a problem deleting units that wouldn't stay deleted.
- Fixed a problem commanding a group in a unit script, when that group contained a dimmable unit.
- Added one option to the GetFile verb. You can now get the complete file spec for the folder containing the X4X application.
(Useful for placing new folders etc)
XTension 5.1.0 (build 358) Released 5/1/2004
This is the second enhancement release, and first major upgrade.
- Graphic Views are back and now on steroids !
- Choose LIVE video input as background !
- AND of course, MULTIPLE LIVE views !
- iSight support
- Belkin USB Video adaptor
- Firewire video sources
- Choosable/Sizeable by dialog and Scripts
(even video refresh rate)
- Wide selection of image formats as View background.
- Place multiple unit icons on top of background (live too !).
- Animate those icons by swapping them out, moving them around,
stretching them, changing their transparency, and Rotation
by scripts and manual dialog !
- Place Labels on background with flexible control of text, font, size, background shade and color !
- Save a flattened image of any View to disk, for web publishing, including the Live views !
- And of course, Control units by clicking on icons in the Views.
- Some bug fixes and enhancements of current features.
- Fixed bug in 'stacked address' logic. Both CM11 and LynX controllers had problems.
- Added option and verbs for controlling the sensitivity of the RF receivers.
Greatly improves rejection of phantom signals.
- Corrected problem with trying to create a temporary file without proper priviledges in some configurations.
- Added all of the 'list processing' verbs that were in the classic version, including the 'with extract' option.
- Added back in the extended code verbs to retrieve the last extended data and extended command values for a unit.
- Added back in the old 'front window' and 'hide window' verbs, and now the front window verb allows you to
specify the location and size of the window.
- Added new feature in Script Editor to automatically bookmark 'handlers' in scripts. Specially nice in the Attachments script !
XTension 5.0.1 (build 276) Released 3/30/2004
This is the first enhancement release.
- Added PowerFail/Restore logic to all controller types.
All of the LynX controllers now behave well. The LynX-10 legacy models are best since they can be separately powered from a UPS while their TW-523 helpers can be connected to the 'mains'.
Basically, the events are announced in the Log, and if the user has created a Global Script named "Power Fail", it will be called at both the power down and again at the power up events.
At Power Fail, the variable 'future value' is set to ZERO.
At Power Restore, the variable is set to ONE.
- Added support for the LynX-Port analog inputs, as well as the ability to set the base house code. For the few who have these, you should now be able to sample the analog ports as well as command the relay ports.
- Added support for the TB134 6-in-one PowerFlash from ACT. X4X will now automatically respond to a 'status request' with a 'status response' and the current status of the addressed unit.
- Added verb : "Initialize Interface" which works differently for the different X10 interfaces.
For the CM11 it does a 'clear EEPROM memory' ;
for the LynX-PLC it tries to do a "LINE BREAK" which should force the the device into 'default mode';
and for the legacy LynX-10 models, sets the mode register.
- Added handling of the Controller Error type packets. Previously, these controller detected errors were causing strange entries in the Log.
- Added back the old "Controller Ping" logic which periodically checks on the health of the X10 controller. If it does not respond, the fact is logged, and the 'ping period' is shortened to watch more closely for its recovery.
Also greatly improved the reliability of the detection of the CM11. In the Classic app, this was often a red herring.
- Fixed (improved) the behavior of the service functions when the USB port is disrupted. ( cable pulled etc ) Previously the log would show excessive numbers of error lines. Now, all service functions with the exception of the MR26 do recover very quickly. The MR26 will 'run on' for a bit before finally getting ahold of itself.
- Increased the ACK timeout for all controllers. Just hadn't done enough testing to see that some functions can take over 10 seconds. Euro customers should find this helpful.
- The old 'set params' verb has been completed. It now behaves just like it did in the Classic app.
- Added a "Stop Speaking" verb. This will help some of you who have trouble making XTension stop speaking so many messages. With the new high-power Macs, it is easy to spin off dozens of 'speak' commands, so this new verb will let you 'flush the queue'.
You can test it easily by creating a loop 'speak'ing "something horribly wrong", and then just Do a 'stop speaking' verb in the command line.
This is the first release of XTension for X
- Development and support of the Classic version will be continued.
- Version history of XTension for Classic will be on a separate page.
Copyright 2007, Sand Hill Engineering All rights reserved.